Description: Excess weight is not just a physical defect, it is a disease that prevents a person from leading a full life and can cause serious consequences.
Obesity is considered a chronic disease that can occur at any age. It is an excessive increase in body weight due to the accumulation of fat in the tissues. The number of people who are overweight and obese in recent years is inexorably growing. As a result, the overall morbidity and mortality of the world’s population is increasing.
Obesity develops due to a lack of balance in the body between energy absorption and its costs. The action of the energy systems of our body regulates certain genes. Children of people who suffer from excessive weight have a genetic predisposition to obesity. That is why obesity is often a hereditary disease.
In addition to genetic factors predisposing to obesity, there are also other factors leading to overweight:
- sedentary lifestyle;
- diseases associated with the endocrine system;
- high susceptibility to stress;
- insufficient sleep;
- taking drugs that contain psychoactive substances;
- eating disorders on the basis of mental disorders (psychological disorders of eating behavior – anorexia, bulimia, psychogenic overeating).
In healthy people, in contrast to those predisposed to excess weight, the main risk factors of obesity are overeating and physical inactivity. Excessive amount of calories entering the body are not consumed and stored in fatty tissues.
Causes of excessive weight gain:
To start fighting the diseases you need to know the reasons for its occurrence. Let us consider in more detail the main reasons for weight gain.
- Unbalanced diet is one of the main reasons why healthy people gain weight;
- Diseases in which metabolism is disturbed;
- During pregnancy, a woman often does not control the amount of calories consumed;
- Features of the structure of the body. A man of high stature with a thin bone is unlikely to face excess weight compared to a man of low stature and broad bone;
- Slow burning rate of fats;
- Depression. After experiencing stress, people often eat an excessive amount of sweet or fatty foods.
Complications of excessive weight gain:
The adverse effects of obesity are very numerous. Here are the most common complications:
- Cardiovascular diseases. These include mainly atherosclerosis, hypertension, angina pectoris, ischemic heart disease, heart failure, myocardial infarction, stroke. It is known that people suffering from obesity are subject to these diseases 2-3 times more than people with a normal weight;
- Diabetes mellitus type 2 in obese patients occurs 8 times more often than in lean people;
- Violations of the musculoskeletal system. Extra pounds in the body are an additional burden on the joints. The joints of the legs suffer most. They wear out more quickly, and the cartilages that cover the articular surfaces are more quickly erased. As a result, the joints become inflamed and swell, causing pain. Lower parts of the spine also suffer. As a result, a person feels severe pain in the back;
- Oncological diseases. In men, the risk of cancer of the colon and prostate cancer increases, in women – the gallbladder, uterus and mammary glands;
- Liver dystrophy. Due to systematic overeating, the liver is overfilled with glycogen, and all of its cells become filled with fats;
- Decrease in the speed of reaction, sharpness of thought processes, decrease in ability to analyze and synthesize;
- Problems with breathing. Excess fat on the stomach presses against the diaphragm, because of this the volume of the lungs decreases. The result is pneumonia and bronchitis;
- Excess weight in women causes an overabundance of estrogens, which leads to problems with the menstrual cycle and conception. In men, sexual activity and motility of spermatozoa decrease.
Loosing extra weight will bring significant relief to your body, increase life expectancy and slow the aging process. All you need to understand is that excess weight is extra cells and excess products of their vital activity, because of which all organs and systems of the body wear out. Hence, there are many diseases that can be completely cured only by loosing excess weight. Virtually all diseases, including acute respiratory infections, influenza and inflammation,occur frequently in people who are overweight. They are cured longer and cause more complications.
How to lose weight?
Before loosing weight, you need:
- Define its cause;
- Using the body mass index (IMS), determine your normal weight. It equals the number obtained by dividing the body weight by the height in meters in square;
- Limit the intake of calories in the body;
- Increase the consumption of fruits (except for high-calorie) and vegetables, nuts and whole grains;
- Organize a meal schedule;
- Do physical exercises. Lack of activity is the cause of many diseases. Physical activity improves the functioning of the heart, normalizes blood pressure, lowers heart rate, muscle and nervous tension, improves blood circulation, makes the figure slim, provides optimal lung function, strengthens muscles and bones, improves mental abilities.
Many people are interested in special drugs for weight loss, but it is important to understand that the magic pill for weight loss does not exist. However, there are drugs and herbal supplements that can significantly alleviate the process of losing weight, while maintaining a person’s health and normal metabolism. Of course, we are not talking about those drugs that have a laxative effect or psychotropic effect.
The correct drugs for weight loss contain substances that naturally regulate the absorption and synthesis of fats and glucose, reduce the level of cholesterol, also contain a balanced complex of vitamins and minerals, and have an immunomodulatory effect. They also contain chitosan, extracts of garcinia, grapefruit, eleutherococcus, red pepper, bubbly fucus, B vitamins, vitamin C, biotin, folic acid, amino acids (alanine, cysteine, tyrosine, lysine, glutamine) and minerals chromium, zinc, potassium iodide, etc.).