Description: Angelica refers to plants from the family of umbrellas. Some of its species are perennial, and some bloom only two years. It is believed that Angelica first appeared in the north of Eurasia.
The plant has a fragrant smell. Angelica blooms almost all summer and actively mows.
Angelica contains in different quantities:
- essential oils (1%);
- resin (6%);
- acids (acetic, malic, valeric, angelic);
- pectin-containing substances;
- ascorbic acid;
- vitamin B12, etc.
The accumulation of essential oils is greatest in seeds and the root part.
The healing properties of Angelica are used in many spheres:
- they treat female diseases;
- the plant is used to strengthen immunity;
- it tones up the body;
- Angelica is used as an anti-inflammatory drug;
- often used instead of painkiller;
- promotes the removal of excess fluid;
- stimulates appetite;
- it also improves digestion.
- allergy and toxic reaction;
- rash when exposed to the sun’s rays.
Angelica is not recommended to:
- pregnant and lactating women;
- old people;
- people with diabetes;
- people suffering from heart disease.
Angelica roots are used for the production of essential oil, it can be used as a tonic and blood cleanser. Oil helps treat diseases of the digestive tract and has antitoxic properties.
Angelica oil stabilizes the hormonal balance and normalizes the menstrual cycle in women. It is used as a strong antiseptic, as well as for rheumatism.
Moreover, the oil has an excellent cosmetological effect, improving the skin condition.
Essential oil, obtained from fruits, is often used to aromatize various dishes. In all cases, the oil is produced by steam distillation. Oil from seeds is often used in perfumery and cosmetics.
Angelica juice is used in the treatment of otitis and other hearing disorders.
Fresh juice from Angelica roots serves as a means of relieving pain, and is often used for tooth or gum pain. It also helps to cure a cold.
Angelica is actively used not only in natural, but also in scientific medicine. Angelica is used for many diseases:
- diseases of the digestive and intestinal tract (gastritis, colitis, diarrhea, etc.);
- diseases of the reproductive organs;
- kidney diseases;
- diseases of the gallbladder and ducts;
- rheumatism or bruises, arthrosis;
Angelica broths or preparations are an excellent expectorant. They helps to relieve spasms, pain, cramps. It is used as an excellent anti-inflammatory and sweatshop. It has a positive effect on the circulation in the pelvic organs, regulates the menstrual cycle, helps to reduce pain.
Angelica helps treat infertility, amenorrhea. It facilitates uterine contractions, reduces pain during childbirth. The plant allows you to increase the number of blood cells, and it used for anemia treatment. Also, Angelica strengthens immunity and stimulates the production of interferon.
Angelica for weight loss:
Angelica is often used in the treatment of obesity, as it speeds up metabolism, improves choleretic processes, and also helps to remove excess fluid from the body, reducing swelling and normalizing the functioning of the kidneys.
Posted by RxMed