- Alpha Lipoic Acid is a powerful antioxidant;
- Alpha Lipoic Acid is involved in process of converting sugar (carbohydrates) into energy, contributing to blood sugar level reduction;
- Alpha Lipoic Acid interferes with oxidative process of circulatory and nervous systems in patients with diabetes mellitus;
- Alpha Lipoic Acid performs an important role in liver and entire body purification from toxic substances and heavy metals.
Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) Indications:
- allergic dermatoses, psoriasis, eczema, wrinkles;
- dark shadows and swelling;
- scars from acne;
- yellowish or dull skin.
Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) is a completely natural product. Its molecules exist deep within each cell of our body. It enhances positive effects of antioxidants (vitamins C and E).
Alpha Lipoic Acid also protects these vitamins in body and helps them to suppress free radicals. Alfa Lipoic Acid dissolves both in water and in fat, therefore it is a universal antioxidant. Unlike vitamins C and E, it is able to fight free radicals in any part of cell and even penetrate into space between cells and protect DNA. Alpha Lipoic Acid can increase cellular metabolism, which means that cell begins to produce more energy and is easier to recover.
Alpha Lipoic Acid is an effective anti-inflammatory agent. All of the listed properties of Alpha Lipoic Acid are related not only to internal parts of body, but also to skin. Inflammation of skin is a direct way to appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Alfa Lipoic Acid prevents appearance of inflammatory substances of cytokines that damage cell and accelerate aging process.
Alfa Lipoic Acid improves sugar metabolism in cell, does not allow it to accumulate in blood. Sugar is necessary for our body for life, but its excess has a toxic effect on cells. Diabetes develops, skin is damaged. Damage to skin is due to the fact that sugar joins collagen. Collagen loses its flexibility and elasticity, so skin becomes dry and wrinkled. Alfa Lipoic Acid prevents even reverse process of sugar addition to collagen, because it improves metabolism of sugar in cell, preventing it from accumulating and, at the same time, allowing mechanism of natural recovery of body to perform better.
Taking Alfa Lipoic Acid, you are protected from glycation all proteins in your body and allow body to use sugar more effectively as fuel, i.e. protect yourself from various problems associated with diabetes. Alfa Lipoic Acid can even turn glycation in the opposite direction, i. e. eliminate harm that sugar has already caused to the body.
Application during Pregnancy:
When pregnancy is possible, if expected effect of therapy exceeds potential risk to fetus.
The FDA action category is not defined.
For treatment duration, breastfeeding should be discontinued.
Contraindications for Use:
- children under 6 years (under 18 years old in treatment of diabetic and alcoholic polyneuropathy).
- Digestive tract: when ingested – nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea.
- Allergic reactions: skin rash, itching, urticaria, anaphylactic shock.
- Other: headache, impaired glucose metabolism (hypoglycemia); with rapid on / in injection – short-term delay or difficulty breathing, increased intracranial pressure, convulsions, diplopia, hemorrhages and tendency to bleeding (due to impaired platelet function).
Precautions for Sdmission:
During the period of treatment, regular monitoring of blood glucose concentration (especially at the beginning of therapy) is necessary in patients with diabetes mellitus. Patients are advised to refrain from taking alcoholic beverages during treatment.
Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) should be storaged in a dry, dark place at a temperature of no higher than 25 ° C.