Common name: Guelder-rose, Cramp Bark, European cranberry bush
Scientific term: Viburnum opulus
Description: Cramp Bark is a species of flowering plant in the family Adoxaceae with native to Europe, Africa and Asia. It’s a deciduous cranberry which is widely used in traditional medicine.
Composition and healing properties:
Cramp Bark is saturated with a large amount of vitamins. And minerals.
increases the body’s resistance to unfavorable conditions;
positively affects the condition of the skin;
stimulates the growth and strength of bone tissue, preserves the health of teeth and hair;
normalizes all metabolic processes in the body;
activates the formation of new cells, thereby slowing down the aging process;
improves eyesight and prevents various eye diseases;
accelerates the healing process of wounds and burns.
strengthens human immunity;
stimulates the regeneration of cells with damage to the integrity of external and internal tissues;
lowers cholesterol in the blood;
dilutes blood and reduces the risk of blood clots;
prevents allergic reactions.
participates in the metabolism and prevents the destruction of cell membranes;
has a preventive effect on the development of vascular arteriosclerosis;
has a good cosmetic effect: nourishes the skin, positively affects the hair and nails.
activates brain activity and improves mental abilities;
positively affects the condition of the heart and the muscular system.
increases the elasticity and strength of blood vessels;
helps reduce blood pressure;
regulates the activity of the adrenal cortex and the process of urination;
has an analgesic effect and prevents the formation of edema.
participates in the supply of oxygen to cells and tissues;
accompanies the process of hematopoiesis and prevents the development of anemia.
normalizes metabolic processes in the body;
actively participates in hematopoiesis;
stimulates physical activity and mental abilities;
gives strength to bones, as well as teeth.
has a positive effect on the work of the nervous system;
stimulates the growth of cartilaginous tissue, thereby preventing the development of osteoporosis and arthritis;
improves the protective functions of the body.
- accelerates skin regeneration;
- destructs harmful microorganisms;
- a natural monomonodulator;
- improves metabolism.
In addition to the above vitamins and minerals, Cramp Bark contains many other useful elements, such as organic acids:
- linoleic and others.
All of them in reasonable quantities are necessary for the body. In addition, Cramp Bark contains a very important substance – glycoside viburnin, which has hemostatic, anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic effect. Bark, leaves and roots of Guelder-rose contain useful tannins, pectin, essential oils and resins.
This unique composition of Guelder-rose fully justifies its wide application in the treatment of a huge number of diseases and in their prevention. Cramp Bark is used not only in folk medicine, but also in officially recognized medicine. After all, the components of these berries are successfully used in the production of many medicines.
- arthritis, arthrosis, joint diseases;
- goiter, endocrine disorders;
- female inflammatory diseases;
- gastrointestinal and cardiovascular diseases;
- hemorrhoids, polyps;
- varicose veins (externally);
- eczema, dermatitis;
- eye diseases, including diplopia (bifurcation of objects);
- cold, cough, acute respiratory infections and ARVI.
Despite such an impressive list of medicinal properties, Cramp Bark has contraindications to use, which are often not taken into account by people, taking decoctions and infusions without measure. Any medicinal plant should be used with caution.
Contraindications to using Cramp Bark:
- kidney disease;
- increased blood clotting and thrombophlebitis;
The uncontrolled use of Cramp Bark is dangerous because of the high content of ascorbic acid.
Guelder-rose juice is universal. It contains over twenty useful microelements – selenium, potassium and iron. In addition, the juice is saturated with vitamins – group B, vitamin C and P, contains a large number of natural sugars. Guelder-rose juice is used in the treatment of many diseases.
Juice is usually used:
- as a strengthening agent after surgery, chemotherapy and radiation sickness;
- as a sedative in nervous excitement and hysterical states;
- as a means of minimizing manifestations of menopause;
- for the treatment of edema;
- to reduce pressure;
- to whiten the skin and as a remedy for removing acne.
- Guelder-rose stones are a powerful antioxidant. They are rich in essential oils and vitamins of the PP group;
- Guelder-rose stones are useful for heart problems and help to cope with a cold;
- Guelder-rose stones purify the body of toxins, promote the removal of stones from the kidneys and gall bladder;
- Decoction of Guelder-rose stones will cope with the headache and reduce the overall fatigue;
- Dried and ground Guelder-rose stones stimulate intestinal motility.
Guelder-rose stones bring not only good, but also harm. Like any medicine, they can not be taken without control. They are contraindicated in thrombophlebitis, pregnancy, exacerbation of the stomach ulcer. This drug should be used with caution. with reduced pressure.
Posted by RxMed