Brand Name: Acidophilus Lactobacillus
Application: Dietary supplement
System Components and Performance
Acidophilus is a probiotic preparation containing useful intestinal bacteria in humans.
L. Acidophilus are acidophilic bacteria (Lactobacillus acidophilus), usually present in human digestive tract and necessary to maintain normal intestinal microflora. At birth Lactobacillus acidophilus is absent in the intestine, but later colonization and rapid growth occur.
Lactobacillus acidophilus are irreplaceable at inappropriate nutrition, infectious and fungal diseases, gastrointestinal disorders, taking antibiotics and contraceptive pills, chemotherapy, weakened immune system. Studies have shown that Lactobacillus acidophilus inhibits growth of pathogens, helps fight intestinal infections. Lactobacilli help to assimilate dairy products, splitting lactose, promote better absorption of calcium. In women, acidophilic lactobacilli form part of protective flora of vagina and play an important role in the fight against fungal infection. In addition, Lactobacillus acidophilus prevents development of flatulence and appearance of bad breath.
Constant use of Acidophilus helps to restore normal balance of microorganisms in digestive tract, increase body’s immunity.
- suppresses pathogenic bacteria and maintains safe level of opportunistic microbes;
- regulates digestion and increases level of absorption of nutrients (including products made from milk, which is especially important in cases of lactose intolerance);
- increases resistance of the body, contributes to production of interferon in human body;
- contributes to general detoxification and purification of the body;
- optimizes conditions for its own mucoid (parietal) microflora, consisting of lactobacilli and bifidobacteria, supports production of B-group vitamins, amino acids and vitamin K in the intestine;
- eliminates constipation and stagnation in intestine;
- lowers cholesterol;
- normalizes microflora of intestine, displaces pathogenic bacteria;
- improves digestion and assimilation of food;
- improves immunity;
- prevents constipation and diarrhea;
- reduces bad breath.
Composition of the drug includes 5 billion lactic acid (acidophilic) bacteria of natural origin. All microbes are grown on a carrot substrate using safe for human health nutrient media. They are dried by a sparing technology, so that all lactobacilli retain their viability. For convenience of reception powder from bacteria is enclosed in enteric-dissolving capsule. Its shell dissolves when the capsule is already passing the stomach, so that all 4 billion bacteria that are contained in it, get to destination and are naturally integrated into microflora.
Acidophilus probiotic contains eight strains of bacteria. In addition, its composition includes bifidobacteria and lactobacilli (3 groups). All of them are found in natural environment – in plants; in dairy products and milk; on healthy mucous membranes and in intestine.
All components are adapted for full functioning in intestines, while developers have retained their unique natural properties, which determines high effectiveness of the drug.
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus 2.0 Billion – (50%);
- Bifidobacterium bifidum 1.2 Billion – (30%);
- Bifidobacterium longum 200 Million – (5%);
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus 200 Million – (5%);
- Lactobacillus paracasei 200 Million – (5%);
- Streptococcus thermophilus 200 Million – (5%).
These microorganisms most often suffer from influence of harmful external factors, and it is with reduction of their number that process of destruction of normal microflora often begins.
Given above properties of the drug, Acidofilus probiotic can be applied at:
- dysbiosis (non-severe reversible microflora disorder);
- dysbacteriosis (serious microflora disorder requiring treatment);
- prevention of these conditions;
- skin diseases;
- malfunctions of immune system;
- increased concentration of cholesterol in blood;
- any diseases of digestive tract (diarrhea, heartburn, flatulence, enzyme deficiency);
- intoxication processes.
Also, probiotic is useful at disorders of immune system, at necessity of taking laxatives, after suffering intestinal infections and other diseases accompanied by diarrhea. It is desirable to take the drug for skin diseases, allergies, any intoxication.
- pregnancy and lactation;
- allergy to components of the drug;
- syndrome of small intestine;
- weak immune system.
First of all, do not forget about positive effects of Lactobacillus Acidophilus. They can be very useful for people suffering from various digestive disorders, such as constipation, indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome, urinary tract infections or Crohn’s disease. Acidophilic flora can suppress fungal infections caused by fungi such as Candida albicans.
However, when taking such lactobacilli, remember the following Acidophilus side effects:
- many probiotics containing Lactobacillus Acidophilus also contain milk medium and milk sugar – lactose. Therefore, people with intolerance to lactose should study composition of such probiotics;
- in women, excessive consumption of probiotic acidophilic supplements can cause burning sensation in vagina;
- patients suffering from cardiovascular diseases and having artificial heart valve should take care when taking such bacteria, as this can cause infectious damage to the valve;
- in people with impaired immune system (e. g., HIV / AIDS or cancer), taking such probiotics in the form of pills and capsules can cause blood infection;
- Acidophilus bifidus can cause severe discomfort in people who have injuries of gastrointestinal tract (ulcers), or people who have undergone surgery of gastrointestinal tract;
- lactobacillus changes acid composition of intestinal environment, which, in addition to positive antimicrobial effect, enhances peroxidation, and has additional relaxing effect on stool.
Listed effects are peculiar to people suffering from serious diseases. In normal situations, such effects should not appear.
If you take other drugs or supplements together with Acidophilus, efficacy of Lactobacillus Acidophilus may change. Tell your doctor about all medicines, vitamins and food supplements you take. Your doctor will be able to pescrobe proper plan for taking the drug, which will prevent negative interactions.
Lactobacillus Acidophilus can interact with the following drugs and products:
- Pay attention to expiration date of products with acidophilus. Even a single dose of Lactobacillus Acidophilus with expired shelf life can lead to serious consequences. Be sure to consult your doctor if you feel weak or painful. In addition, product with expired shelf life may lose its effectiveness in the fight against your disease. To ensure your own safety, it is extremely important to refrain from taking medications that have expired.
- Do not confuse probiotics with prebiotics, which are a good source of soluble fiber and also have positive effect on digestion.
- Do not wash out the drug in the toilet or drainage systems, if such requirement is not directly indicated in instructions. Medicines that are disposed of in this way can cause significant harm to environment.
The drug should be taken by a course, 60 capsules per course. Dosage of Acidophilus application: every day half an hour before meals 1 capsule of the drug with half a glass of water. Multiplicity of application – 1 – 2 times a day. If necessary, Acidophilus dosage is adjusted by attending physician.
If you missed a dose of the drug, take it as soon as possible. If time of the next intake is approaching, you can skip the previous dose and continue to follow your usual schedule of taking medications. Do not take additional dose of the drug to compensate missed one. If this situation repeats regularly, think about possibility of setting reminders or ask one of your family members to follow the schedule. Be sure to contact your doctor to adjust schedule to compensate lost dose (in case you missed a significant number of days).
When taking large doses of lactobacilli, or at initial intolerance, diarrhea may occur for several days.
60 capsules in a bottle.
Keep out of reach of children at a temperature not exceeding +18 °C, in a cool place and away from direct sunlight. After opening, keep in refrigerator.
Do not expose drug to freezing, if such requirement is not directly indicated in instructions.
Posted by RxMed