Dermik Laboratories Canada
Antipsoriatic – Eczema Therapy
Indications And Clinical Uses: A therapeutic aid in the treatment of psoriasis and other tar-responsive dermatoses such as atopic dermatitis; lichen simplex chronicus, seborrheic dermatitis, dandruff and nummular eczema.
- Emulsion: For use in the bath when extensive tar therapy is desired;
- Shampoo: Psoriasis, seborrhea dandruff, cradle cap, and other oily, itchy scalp conditions.
Contra-Indications: Acute inflammation, open or infected lesions, coal tar sensitivity.
Precautions: Exposure of treated areas to direct sunlight may cause usual tar photosensitization. Irritation or dermatitis may occur after prolonged use. May stain gray or dyed hair. Avoid contact with eyes.
Dosage And Administration:
- Emulsion: 15 to 30 mL in a bath of lukewarm water and immerse body for 30 minutes;
- Shampoo: Moisten scalp with lukewarm water, apply to scalp, massage and rinse. Repeat, working up a rich lather. Allow to remain on scalp a few minutes, then rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water. Shampoo once or twice a week as necessary.
Availability And Storage:
- Emulsion: Each mL contains: a water dispersible emulsion of colloidal crude coal tar 300 mg. Nonmedicinal ingredients: polysorbate 20 and polysorbate 80. Bottles of 175 mL;
- Shampoo: Each mL contains: colloidal crude coal tar 1% w/v in a bland soap free base. Nonmedicinal ingredients: colloidal magnesium-aluminum silicate, diethanolamine, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, edetic acid, ethoxylated lanolin, fragrance, hexylene glycol, lauric acid diethanolamine, lauric myristic acid, linoleic alkanollamide, naphthalene sulfonic acid, parachlorometazylenol, polysorbate 20, polysorbate 80 and purified water. Bottles of 175 mL.
ZETAR® Preparations Dermik Laboratories Canada Coal Tar Antipsoriatic – Eczema Therapy